Science and technology
Pioneering Ghanaian computer engineer Professor Nii Quaynor has made it his life's work to ensure Africa remains connected to the rest of the world through the World Wide Web.
The head of ICT at the Central University of Technology in the Free State has developed a tool to predict drought, as accurately as 98%. For her work, Dr Muthoni Masinde walked away with a top prize at the annual Women in Science Awards.
A young South Africa has walked away with the Google Science Fair Community Impact Award in the Africa/Middle East region, and has made it to the final leg of the competition. Her winning entry is an economically friendly and sustainable solution to drought.
The Square Kilometre Array radio telescope project this weekend unveiled the first cosmic image captured by the first phase of MeerKAT receptors to Science and Technology Minister Naledi Pandor, who led a party of dignitaries to the remote Northern Cape site.
More stories from this section...
Science & technology top links
- Dept of Science and Technology
- South African National Space Agency
- SKA South Africa
- Council for Scientific and Industrial Research
- Council for Geoscience
- National Research Foundation
- National Advisory Council on Innovation
- Technology Innovation Agency
- SA Vanguard of Technology
- SA Agency for Science and Technology Advancement
- Public Understanding of Biotechnology
- Science in Africa Magazine