Science and technology
Describing her as "a symbol of the new South Africa", Germany has awarded South African Minister of Science and Technology Naledi Pandor the Grand Cross of Merit for her work to build scientific relations between the two countries.
An award-winning science research project by two Cape Town matric pupils is hoping to fast- track the eradication of toxins in maize crops that can cause growth stunting in children and cancers, and potentially save thousands of lives.
South African-born entrepreneur and Tesla chief executive Elon Musk has revealed the latest model of the electric car from his company, Tesla. He tweeted that it would also be available in South Africa. The Model 3 can travel up to 346 kilometres on a single charge.
South Africa has revealed a prototype hydrogen fuel cell forklift. Science and Technology Minister Naledi Pandor says it is a chance for the country to make a leap in the fuel cell market with collaboration between the public and private sectors.
More stories from this section...
Science & technology top links
- Dept of Science and Technology
- South African National Space Agency
- SKA South Africa
- Council for Scientific and Industrial Research
- Council for Geoscience
- National Research Foundation
- National Advisory Council on Innovation
- Technology Innovation Agency
- SA Vanguard of Technology
- SA Agency for Science and Technology Advancement
- Public Understanding of Biotechnology
- Science in Africa Magazine