Who can help
DTI: one-stop investment shop
- Investment information: opportunities, incentives, regulations, policies, strategic sectors.
- Investment marketing: local and foreign marketing initiatives.
- Business facilitation: visas, investment missions, intergovernmental co-ordination, relocations, business introductions, black economic partnerships, financing and incentives.
- Outward investment: connections to other African investment promotion agencies, project financing, deal structuring.
- 0861 843 384 (local callers)
- +27 (12) 394 9500 (international callers)
- Download the Investors Handbook 2012/13 [PDF]
Boosting investmentA chief objective of the DTI is to boost investment in South Africa. It works to encourage beneficial environments for investors and exporters via investor-friendly policies and incentives. While investment opportunities abound in all sectors of the economy, the DTI concentrates on those sectors in which South Africa has strong competitive advantages.
A group of institutionsThe DTI is a federation of agencies, not a single institution, and it collaborates with a range of institutions and stakeholders in developing strategies and policies to achieve its goals of industrialisation and growth.
Industrial Development CorporationThe state-owned Industrial Development Corporation of South Africa (IDC) promotes industrial development by offering a range of financing facilities to help private-sector entrepreneurs set up manufacturing concerns in South Africa and the Southern African region. The IDC provides development capital to new and existing undertakings, usually in the form of low-interest, medium- to long-term loans for acquiring fixed assets.
- Website: www.idc.co.za
National Empowerment FundThe business of the NEF Corporation is to promote and facilitate black economic participation by providing financial and non-financial support to black empowered businesses, and to promote a culture of savings and investment among black people.
- Website: www.nefcorp.co.za
The Small Enterprise Development AgencyAn agency of the DTI, Seda is mandated to implement government’s small business strategy. Its mission is to develop, support and promote small enterprises in South Africa, ensuring their growth and sustainability in co–ordination and partnership with various role players, including global partners, who make international best practices available to local entrepreneurs.
- Website: www.seda.org.za
Provincial investment promotion agenciesThe DTI works with investment agencies in all of South Africa's nine provinces to promote economic development and meaningful participation in the global economic and trade environment. Department of Trade and Industry Reviewed: 10 May 2013
Would you like to use this article in your publication or on your website? See: Using SAinfo material
CONTACT THE DTI
- Website: www.thedti.gov.za
- 0861 843 384 (local)
- +27 (12) 394 9500 (international)
- Email: email@example.com
DTI GROUP OF AGENCIESFinance and small business development agencies
- Companies and Intellectual Property Commission
- National Consumer Tribunal
- National Credit Regulator
- National Gambling Board
- National Lotteries Board
- National Consumer Commission
- Takeover Regulation Panel